Friday Scoreboard

Scores will be updated as they are sent in. Please send in your scores to or call them in to (415) 251-0918. The score phone line is open 24 hours a day.

Games of the day – Galileo vs. Washington football: Washington is undefeated in AAA play and riding high after a signature win over Mission last week, but Galileo should get a lift from the likely return of sophomore starting quarterback Kyle Nelson, who missed last week’s loss to Balboa due to a rib injury. Riordan vs. St. Ignatius football: Both teams will be looking for their first WCAL wins of the season in the second St. Ignatius night game in school history. International vs. Bay girls volleyball: International has gone undefeated in league play this season, but got a scare from San Domenico in the semifinals and will be facing off against the Breakers, who have won the last three BCL Central titles. For live updates on these games, follow us on Twitter at:

BCL Central girls volleyball championship
(1) International 3, (2) Bay 1 (25-16, 25-12, 20-25, 25-19)

AAA girls tennis championship
(1) Lowell 7, (2) Washington 0

AAA football
Washington 62, Galileo 14

WCAL football
St. Ignatius 42, Riordan 7

Non-league football
Stuart Hall 62, Rincon Valley Christian (Santa Rosa) 12

1. KindaDisappointed says:

I think it would’ve been nice to get some coverage of the BCL country finals. A handful of guys and girls teams are ranked top ten in state with the UHS girls leading the way and expected to take home another title over thanksgiving weekend. I don’t know. You’ve got a lot of teams and a lot of athletes who have spent the fall and better part of their summers prepping for november XC. I think they deserve more than a retweet at 1pm.

2. The Observer says:

I think you should be disappointed with the coaches and the ADs for the schools too.

Jeremy gave all the coaches (I’m a coach too) the opportunity to put as much as they want in the Prep Wrap up every day. Im not sure but I dont think there have been any cross country things in there, which means no coach has sent anything to him. Everything our team sent, went in the prep wrap up.

3. KindaDisappointed says:

A prep wrap up for an XC meet is basically a streamlined view of the results. These usually end up online in a day or two, and if SF Preps posts them, that would suffice as a “wrap up”. The point that I’m trying to make is that this was a championship meet with a couple hundred participants from all of the BCL at all levels. The meet was in Golden Gate Park and the varsity races and awards probably took a little over an hour to complete. SF Preps was aware of the meet because they retweeted a post about it earlier today. All I’m saying is that it wouldn’t have been that much trouble to put someone on site to snap a couple photos of and ask some of the top runners and teams what their outlooks for the rest of the postseason are. The site produces full write ups for semifinal league matches and games, I don’t think it’s too much to ask for them to take a closer look at XC just once (or twice if they want to check out the AAA).

4. GCJ01 says:

I can understand why those who are supporters of cross country are upset. However, I must agree, more people care about football than cross country. Does that mean that cross country shouldn’t get covered? No, it does not. But we must realize that Jeremy and the rest of the SanFranPreps staff need to cover the games and meets that people actually want to read in order to keep people interested in the site (even though they won’t have a problem with this anyway). People care more about football, and dare I say volleyball, than they do cross country. Also, in order to speak with the runners, they would have to sit there for almost an hour to wait to speak with someone. Who would want to sit and do nothing for an hour just to talk with someone? At least with football and volleyball, you get to be entertained from beginning to end.

• KindaDissapointed says:

They covered a girls golf championship and I know how many of you check this site just for girls golf. The argument about theoretical site views is pretty lame. I highly doubt that ONE XC article would cause one of this site’s many visitors to question whether SanFranPreps is a good site. It’s a great site with a great following, and I think that a lot of readers of the site take a look at most of the articles that are posted.

Don’t knock an xc race until you’ve seen one. Surprisingly exciting. The BCL champs get pretty many random fans who go to support their friends. “That was actually pretty exciting” is something that most people will tell you.

• Kezar for Keeps says:

The city championship golf match on a Monday with nothing else going on is a little different than a Friday with two football games and a championship volleyball game. Again, people care more about those games than a XC meet.

• GCJ01 says:

KindaDissapointed: I actually ran cross country in high school so I know it’s exciting. I think you misunderstood my point. I did not call it boring. I actually stated that I understand why you are upset. However, the reality is, most people care more about football than cross country.

Kezar for Keeps: Well said! I agree with you.

5. XC is boring says:

Honestly a football could just put on its gear and stand on the field and not play and it would be more interesting than xc

6. jbalan says:

I’m pretty tired of this whole conversation, but I’ll explain again how our coverage works.

We determine our coverage by newsworthiness and the availability of our reporters and photographers. Obviously, football has been our top priority this season, and that’s not going to change.

If you disagree with that, that’s fine, but I do urge the coaches of every team in every sport to contribute to our Prep Wrapup, so nothing goes unnoticed. Unfortunately, we have not had the participation I would like to see in that feature this season.

If you disagree with how we cover the City, that’s fine, but that’s the reasoning behind our decisions.