Saturday Scoreboard

Scores will be updated as they are sent in. Please send in your scores to or call them in to (415) 251-0918. The score phone line is open 24 hours a day.

Games of the day – St. Ignatius vs. Valley Christian football: The Wildcats will hope to ride the momentum after a thrilling, come-from-behind win over Aptos in the first round, but Valley Christian took the regular-season meeting 24-21. Sacred Heart Cathedral vs. Drake girls volleyball: The Irish rolled to a first-round win over Balboa, but Drake has a track record of upsets in the last two years. As the No. 7 seed last season, the Pirates upset No. 2 seed St. Ignatius in the state tournament and this season, as the No. 8 seed, upset top-seeded Bishop O’Dowd in the NCS playoffs. For live updates on this game, follow us on Twitter at:

CIF State Division III volleyball playoffs
(1) Sacred Heart Cathedral 3, (5) Drake (San Anselmo) 0 (25-14, 25-22, 26-24)

CIF State Division V volleyball playoffs
(2) Hamilton (Hamilton City) 3, (6) University 0 (25-22, 25-17, 25-22)

CCS Division III football semifinals

1. University High School
    5. Urban School
    6. Lick Wilmerding

D5 Boys:
    5. University High School

2. IC Stars says:

VC leads SI 42-35 with under a minute left.

3. Anonymous says:

The SI coach went for the win!! Congratulations ! Good job SI !

4. Paul B. says:

5. IC Stars says:

SI scores and gets a two-pointer. SI leads 43-42 with 3 seconds left.

6. Anonymous says:

That’s the way to prove everybody wrong SI!

7. Pablo says:

Wow great stuff SI, what a win, can’t wait for the 1st all City CCS Football Championship! this is Bruce-Mahoney
    x 10, this is so good for City football,

Go Irish!

Just curious, but are some players from SI’s 1st place JV football team on SI’s varsity now??

9. GCJ01 says:

SI vs. SHC in the championship game. Should be a good one. I’m taking SHC for the win!

• Wildcat says:

“Great job Kittens! Y’all actually showed up to play this week! If SI ends up playing Valley Christian, we already know who will win that game! Just for all you confused SI fans out there, it won’t be SI!”

How’s that crow tasting????

• GCJ01 says:

Hey little kitty. If you’re going to post something I said, MAKE SURE YOU POST EVERYTHING. I changed my stance and said that I hope that your Kittens win so that way SHC can beat them in the championship game and finally shut all of you SI Kittens up! So if you’re going to do something, DO IT RIGHT. All that money you paid to go to SI and still haven’t learned a thing!!!!!

Now, If you’re done with your pathetic attempt at proving me wrong, AFTER I had changed my stance, let me go back to celebrating the Mission football team’s win on Turkey day…the only REAL football game that was played this past week!

• Cherries on Top says:

Maybe you’re the one who still hasn’t learned a thing, GCJ01. By now you should know to NEVER COUNT THE ‘CATS OUT! Enjoy eating that crow!

Oh by the way, now that the AAA football season is over, are you going to stop ripping the WCAL teams on this website? Cuz it’s gotten really old, and I know I’m not the only one who’s sick of it.

• GCJ01 says:

Like anyone can take you seriously with the name “Cherries on Top!” Give me a break!

However, I will entertain your comment and say I don’t rip the WCAL teams…I defend my AAA against those who rip the league. I have no problems against the WCAL. If you actually read some of my comments, I give credit where credit is due (just like I did with the SHC girls volleyball team).

What I don’t like are those who rip the AAA. For those who do, they will be hearing from me. Hopefully this clears things up for you…but then again, how can we expect much from someone who’s posts under the name “Cherries on top?”

Keep them coming JB…I can do this all night!

I can’t. I just gotta get this SI-Valley story up, then I’m going to sleep.

• GCJ01 says:

LOL….okay JB. I’m pretty sure there will be more “wonderful” comments later. So, please, gather them all up, so I can continue to knock them down one by one.

• Former SI Football Player says:

Like the name change? Take me seriously now? (By the way, deliberately avoiding my question and making fun of my screenname is pretty troll-like, just sayin)

“I don’t rip the WCAL teams…I defend my AAA against those who rip the league.”

Okay, so maybe you don’t “rip” the WCAL teams (and by the way I’m talking football here, not volleyball or cross country or whatever), but in general you have very little respect for them (especially SI). As for defending the AAA, good for you. But you don’t JUST defend them, you HAVE gone out of your way to disrespect/poke fun at/otherwise detract from the WCAL football teams. And you shouldn’t expect me to read ALL of your comments before I post because you post way too many comments to keep up with.

Another thing, I DON’T rip the AAA! In fact, I think there is a lot of potential in the league. If they could get more kids to play football and have a more structured environment like the WCAL teams(which I know isn’t easy because of lack of funding, kids from underprivileged backgrounds, etc.), they could challenge the WCAL teams for “best in the city” bragging rights (which would be awesome by the way).

Anyway, I’m not asking a whole lot from you, just that you respect the WCAL teams and use this website what it was meant for, to support high school sports and the kids that play them, rather than starting arguements and trash-talking. The players read these comments, and needless to say, they don’t like hearing all this negative feedback.

I’m done arguing with you, GCJ01. I’ve made my point perfectly clear now and I just want to say that I’m going to use this website’s comments section for it’s intended purpose.

• Cherries on Top says:

You beat me to it, Wildcat!

• GCJ01 says:

Never claimed you ripped AAA teams. I was simply making a point. Although, seeing how most of you SI people seem to not be able to read, I expect you to make ANOTHER misguided comment. I do like your name change though. However, I don’t understand why a “former SI football player” would choose a name like, “Cherries on top!” That just makes me think you’re a joke even more. But it’s good that you tried. I salute you.

In any event, there are other people on here that make a lot of idiotic remarks that have nothing to do with anything being posted. I suggest that you stop concerning yourself with me and go after them.

As for those of you who are tired of me “ripping” WCAL teams, if you’re so tired of it, WHY DO YOU KEEP RESPONDING TO MY COMMENTS?

Again, since you and the rest of your companions are slow, can’t read, and obviously paid money just to learn nothing, I don’t rip the WCAL and give the league credit for producing great teams in all sports. It’s funny though, it’s only SI people complaining and not SHC or Riordan supporters. That just goes to prove my point. SI Kittens are a bunch of cry babies.

But since I’m hurting your feelings, I will spare them. I hope that you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your week and the best of luck to you.

• WCAL Alum says:

Alright. Everybody must be having dinner. Let’s remember a few things as we move forward this week:

This past week was simply unique for San Francisco high school football.

SHCP women is playing in NorCal Finals in Volleyball

University captured another State title in Cross Country.

Prep basektball begins in earnest this week.

Not one school has a monoply on kids with the potential to succeed.

The cross country article by Mr. Joey Gulino was a good read. JB, please thank Joey for me, and all of us for his contributions.

10. GCJ01 says:

The Marshall-University game was close. Looks like Marshall is going to be a threat in the AAA this year.