Wednesday Scoreboard

Scores will be updated as they are sent in. Please send in your scores to contact@SanFranPreps.com or call them in to (415) 251-0918. The score phone line is open 24 hours a day.

Games of the Day – University vs. Urban boys basketball – The Red Devils came into the season as the BCL West favorite, but the Blues are currently the team in first place, tied with Marin Academy. Riordan vs. Sacred Heart Cathedral: A rivalry game and a crucial WCAL matchup, the contest represents a unique opportunity for each team. With a win, the Crusaders can get back into the WCAL mix and the Irish can stay within striking distance of first-place Mitty. For live updates on this game, follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/SanFranPreps.

BCL West boys basketball

St. Ignatius 1, Valley Christian (San Jose) 0
St. Francis (Mountain View) 4, Riordan 0

WCAL girls soccer
Presentation (San Jose) 3, Sacred Heart Cathedral 0
Valley Christian (San Jose) 3, St. Ignatius 1

1. hoosier says:

I was not able to catch the SI-Serra game tonight. Any of those SI fans who attended have a report on how the “Cats” played tonight? Especially interested in how #30 and #42 for Serra performed, and how SI defended them and how was the SI outside shooting game vis a vis the SH 3 point shooting performance? Cat in Hat, JJ, M Air J, I look forward to your insights and analysis from the game

• Cat in the Hat says:

Didn’t go to the game but I can begrudgingly appreciate your smug backhanded way of saying “see? I told you so! I’m a genius of hoopology. Wink wink.” I see you…

• Hoosier says:

Didn’t know how the game played out, and truly wanted to hear what happened, so no “smug back-handed” intent.. Have heard this morning that SI #33 had a very good game which is encouraging, and that #10 played pretty well, but they missed #22, but not much on how the game developed or played out, or what the keys to the game were.

I did see this comment from Coach Barbour on the SHC game which did make me smile, though not smugly – “We try to stress getting the ball inside, whether we shoot it in there or not,” Buckner said. “On our good possessions, the ball was going inside-out. Unfortunately, appears this did not happen enough to lead to a win last night.

• M Air J says:

I was at the SHC/Riordan game and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have only seen SI play once and that was against Riordan. I guess because I made some observations on my lone SI appearnce that were perceived as favorbable to some, one in particular, towards SI, I have been branded as an SI fan. I am a fan of all SF schools but have seen Riordan play more because I live in the West Portal area and they are right over the hill from my home. I will comment in the appropriate section for the SHC/Riordan game.

2. Paul B. says:

If anyone was @ the game tonight @ Serra High (San Mateo), does anyone know what happened to Albert Watters tonight? Does he have a minor injury right now?

3. Lance says:

Madres sweep Cats down at the Jungle!