Saturday Scoreboard

Scores will be updated as they are sent in. Please send in your scores to contact@SanFranPreps.com or call them in to (415) 251-0918. The score phone line is open 24 hours a day.

Game of the Day – St. Ignatius vs. Presentation girls soccer: The Wildcats are tied for last place in the WCAL, but could make waves in the league today if they knock off the Panthers, which are in second place at 5-1-1. For live updates on this game, follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/SanFranPreps.

Non-league boys basketball
Drew @ Calistoga, 3 p.m.

WBAL Skyline girls basketball
ICA 46, Crystal Springs Uplands (Hillsborough) 38

WCAL girls basketball
Sacred Heart Cathedral 56, Mitty (San Jose) 51
St. Ignatius 60, Presentation (San Jose) 33

WCAL boys soccer
Mitty (San Jose) 8, Riordan 0
Bellarmine (San Jose) 2, St. Ignatius 0

WCAL girls soccer
Presentation (San Jose) 3, St. Ignatius 1

1. GCJ 01 says:

According to Max preps, SI beat Presentation 60-33.

2. Paul B. says:

Hmmm…I e-mailed to JB twice about some girls hoops scores from tonight & so far, nothing has happened yet.

JB was probably busy….there’s only so much he can do at one time. In any event, thank you for emailing the scores.

How did that happen? SHC girls didn’t look that great when I saw them play. I’m surprised Mitty lost. Huge upset right there.

It just shows SH’s uptempo flow can beat Mitty. SI is too slow to keep up. Plus good teams get better, more cohesive as the season goes on. SH is playing that way.

• Ruckjames says:

Like I said before Mitty is beatable , Coach Russell pushed the right buttons, and maybe SHC caught Mitty’s players on their off day. Now the question is can SI duplicate it , they have the talent,better than SHC but ?????!!!!!.

I don’t think SI really has better talent than SH. Like Ari said, SI seems too slow. Last year, SI had 3 senior guards who were all pretty quick and made great decisions. This year it looks like their guards have 0 experience at the varsity level. Well, Crystal Sun may have been on varsity, but she mostly warmed up the bench for McDonald, Gong, Crawley, etc., 3 great players. I don’t understand how SHC lost to St Francis and then they veat Mitty? Perhaps Toni Russell photocopied SH’s playbook, while her bro was sleeping?

• Basketball Fan says:

Anybody know why Juliette Courtney and Jez weren’t at the game last night?

• Ruckjames says:

Jj , you look up your previous posts you said so yourself SI has superior players.

After watching the Bruce Mahoney game, SI’s frontcourt has superior players, but SHC has a better backcourt. I believe the 2 teams are about even right now. If Little ever comes back, I think she will sway the balance towards the school from the Sunset.

• Irishplayer89′ says:

What in the world do you mean they don’t look great let me tell you what happen because obviously you can’t see SH clearly was going to beat mitty because they played together and shut them down. Mitty thought this was going to be a an easy win hahaha so they came out cocky and ended up getting that butt whooped that IS what HAPPEN. DO YOU CARE TO ATTEND another SH GAME.

Please use the original name you posted under, which was “Irishplayer89′,” on future comments. If you post further comments under a different name, they will not be approved, per our Commenting Code of Conduct.

• Basketball Fan says:

Hi there Irishplayer89′,
        I am wondering what indications of the Mitty players demeanor gave you the impression that they came out cocky and ended up getting whooped? I watched the game and saw struggles offensively and defensively for both teams. It looked lopsided on both ends. Also there is a whole half of the season to be played and it will be interesting to see if SHCP starts to look like a team with a plan.
        Sad to see three players out for Mitty due to injury – hard to see young people hurt so early in their high school careers. Looking forward to seeing how the Lady Irish play against a SI team that is starting to look stronger and more together.

I don’t think I would ever say SH clearly was going to beat Mitty. Honestly, I haven’t seen Mitty play yet, so I assumed they were as good as last year’s team, but this is not the case after losing to SH. I guess Sue Phillips could be overrated because she didn’t have her team ready to play.

• Basketball Fan says:

I would never say Sue is overrated but the team did struggle. Two starters out with injuries and another playing with an injury . . . readjustments do need to be made. I did enjoy seeing Ashley Gainer stepping it up – she is tough and is not afraid to bang around. Also the play of Kayla C. is improving. GeAnna continues to play the game expected of her – waiting to see how she will step up her game.

• Ruckjames says:

Talking about overrated coach! Wow ! Look at her record! Wins accompanied with hardware/trophies! Coach Carey has 2 CCS trophies in 2 years I believe! SI has a lot of wins but where are te trophies?

• Ruckjames says:

Not talking about ever but the last 6-7 years. Oh yeah SI girls varsity
            was co champ in WCAL last year. Other than that they were runner ups in CCS , could have won one against SHC 2 years ago but again ????????!!!!.

4. Just saying says:

Maybe some of Mitty’s relaxed state had to do with previous ex SH coach Kerry being on her staff. Maybe he told her SH did have any players. Since he didnt know how to ackowledge it himself he may have dooped Mitty’s mind set. It was interesting to see him cheering and laughing in the stands last night like a 2 year old and turning his nose up at the very parents and kids who once trusted his lack of leadership. Wear you Black and Gold ood coach who got the last chuckle last night?

To JJ the lost and flatness that SH played against St Francis may have been contributed to the leaving of J. Courtney sources tell me the team was emotional and they had a big meeting with the parent prior to the game that night. SH just didnt seem to have it in them that night. Credit to St Francis though if you coach what you have to the abilities of the players you can still win

• Basketball Fan says:

I don’t see Coach Carey on the coaching staff of Mitty. I did see him talking to parents and players from SHCP and congratulating them on their win. Interesting comment – have you heard of him going onboard at Mitty? Also Sue is not one to be swayed by anyone’s comments – she is a dedicated coach that trusts her onboard staff. Sorry to hear about Juliette and hope all is well with her and her family.

• Just saying says:

Basketball Fan he’s not on the board however sources close to the vest say he’s scouting for them. His presence the other night wasn’t to see SH win. It wouldnt have been to obvious if he’d worn alumni colors of SH but he choic was the latter and he sat on the Mitty side clapping his hands for not his Alma Mater. Again Im just saying

• Basketball Fan says:

Close to the vest? Interesting . . . as I saw him sitting neutral. Also did not notice the Mitty colors. Clapping for both teams. I don’t blame him for not sitting up in the rafters as the fans were pretty obnoxious and would have probably either ignored him or bothered him. I had to move away a bit to get away from the cussing on the side. Even Dean Sazo had to go upstairs to talk to the fans to settle down and watch what they are saying. I am just saying that maybe sources should do a little investigation of how he was treated by past parents. I am sure that he is letting it all go and we should too on the boards. Wishing the Lady Irish the best for the rest of the season. GO IRISH!

• WCAL Fan says:

I heard he is helping out at Mitty.

• Christopher Carey says:

Funny how I go on here to check scores and see my fathers name,even incorrectly, used for no reason. So ill go ahead a provide some non-anonymous insight and use my real name to clear some things up for you gossipers out there.im just sayin though….
          A)he is on no ones staff. Maybe he was laughing and enjoying himself for once because he’s enjoying just sitting back and watching the sport he leaves without worrying about over-expectant parents breathing down his neck.he took a break from coaching and has done nothing but that.as far as scouting?youre still wrong, especially with sacred heart having the same team that Sue Phillips coached against last year.
          B) he was actually wearing a blue Upper Playground jacket that night.dont spread rumors.alumni or not we are free to wear whatever we want.i know you’ve seen me at games and if not your “sources” can tell you where I’m sitting but I’m also an alumni and we are a family of alumni and I NEVER wear school colors. I don’t go there anymore I don’t live and breathe sacred heart.
          C) can someone give the girls credit?you can scout and prepare as much as you want but it all depends on the 5 on the court and how they play…

Please leave my father out of any further sacred heart related discussions and save yourself the breath.funny because he chatted with Dean Sazo and has been in touch with members of the boys and girls coaching staffs since stepping down, even communicating with parents still. Also attended a few boys jv & varsity games with my brother. Still keeps in contact with other WCAL coaches.
          Finally, LACK OF LEADERSHIP wouldn’t have put two CCS banners in the old gym would it have?

• Christopher Carey says:

Nobody likes sitting in the rafters because you can’t see half the game.ive watched 100 games from up there and the view is horrible from every part

• Basketball Fan says:

Christopher,
            Well said young man. It is wrong that people make assumptions. I think that if someone questions another’s intention, then ask. Hiding behind a anonymous moniker is for cowards.
            Thank you Christopher for bringing this to an end.

• Crusader 88 says:

Hi Chris,
            I was really bummed out to see all the negative comments posted here about your dad. He’s a great guy and accomplished a lot at SHC, it’s a shame that some posters here have to keep bashing him. A few years back I saw your dad working with a kid to improve her skills so she could tryout for the team at another catholic school. He’s a class act all around and if decides to coach somewhere it will be a benefit to those players.

5. Paul B. says:

Here R some previous scores from the Gateway boys hoops team in BCL Central league play:

1/17 Gateway 77, Pescadero 9
    1/18 Gateway 67, Leadership 38

• Paul B. says:

The Drew boys hoops team lost to Calistoga this past Sat. 1/19 by a score of 68-26.

• Paul B. says:

Here R also some previous scores from the Gateway girls hoops team in BCL Central league play:

1/17 Gateway 57, Pescadero 15